Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Week #2 -- Please use Dearelder.com

Here we are in the middle of week #2.  We are truly enjoying all the mail from our missionary.  It is fun to get to know your son in a correspondence relationship.  Enjoy the email.

OH! It's my Mom! I love you!

So firstly, I have to get this out of the way. The very best way to send me correspondence in the MTC is DearElder.com. How it works is you make an account, log in, write your letter to me, and it is sent hard paper copy to me that day! I love your emails, love em', but the problem is I only have thirty minutes on here a week; so reading the emails and then writing to you takes a lot more time. If I had a hard copy, I could read them whenever I wanted, not just p-day, then on p-day I could concentrate on writing a kick butt email. So, I'm not sure if it costs anything, I don't think it does, but it would be great, at least in the MTC, if you would use DearElder.com. I know it works. There are two elders in my district, Elder Peckam-sitting next to me, and Elder Evans, who get so many letters because everyone writes them via DearElder.com.

I'm not trying to be a salesman, though. Just check it out.

So, I sent you I think three paper letters this past week. Did you get them? If not, maybe I can figure out what's wrong.

Oh! Nate! I love you! I miss you too. By the way, where's the picts of our room I asked for? Did you stick with the bunk bed? Or go your separate ways? Oh, give mom a big hug right now for me.

So, I'll be sending my 4 GB card soon (I forgot to empty it before I left, so there's some other random pictures on there).

Tell Josh that I admire his language abilities. My feelings on the language right now is HOW THE CRAP! Oh, struggling. I'm drowning in all the "sh"s. Portuguese love the s-h sound. Also, what the c with the sguiggle below? ç, or the ~ over the a. Ah, yes, accent marks are fun. But, I'll get it, somehow, right now it's only week one.

Oh, there's an Elder in my district, actually one of my roomates, who is a character. He goes to mealtimes and mixes the drinks to makes the oddest concoctions. He layers the colors (HOW THE HAY!) or he lets it sit and it thickens into a pudding-like consistency. He has this book of MTC drink recipes that some guy five missions ago started. Also, he is the prank lord. Right now he and Elder Baldwin are in a little alarm clock war. 

I've only been pranked twice, luckily. First, Baldwin snuck a spoon into my pillow case-which is fine, just having fun. But the second time, someone "crumbed" my bed. PSH! Mean. I was pretty upset. Oh, well. I got over it and changed my sheets.

So, in summary, I am having a good time, a very very hard one, but still happy. My companion is named Elder Proksch, great guy from Vegas-he loves soccer at gym time. My district consists of Elder Proksch and I, Elder Egbert and Staples, and Elder Evans and Peckam. My comp is district leader, which pretty much means we pick up the mail.

I love you all and treasure each letter. I'm going to try to attach a few pictures.
Elder Chris Andre Wartena

P.S. I have detergent, but a package would be welcomed with open arms. Maybe, some ties...hint. But I don't care what you send, I love anything from home.

P.P.S. These computers won't even recognize my USB drive, sorry, no pictures till you get my card-though I will Flickr in Africa if I can.

P.P.P.S. I can write you hard letters during the week. So you'll get some, just let me know if you get them.

P.P.P.P.S. (insane I know) My teacher is Sister Steinbeigle. She studies at BYU. Tell Josh good luck.
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Isn't it just awesome?! I love it. Another week, another email, a very happy family.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment