Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 4
At least, if I have counted right, it's week four.

Oh, bad thing to do here at the MTC-Watch the videos on the LDS website about Africa. Elder Holland went there and in the videos he testifies of the greatness of the African people. Also, the conversion stories made me jealous of Elders Going and Rameka who left for Mozambique this week.

Anyhow. How's life at home? I haven't heard much. Dad sent me a letter, but I forgot it back at the resedence(sorry).

So...they wait for me to leave, then they do a water sport in youth conference? Kidding, but it sounds like a ton of fun.

Josh, I love your names in the DearElders. You will receive a letter this week from Elder Captain America.

Josh is probably shaking his head at my stupidity...and grammer...and spelling. Oh, well, I just want to make sure you guys know I love you.

Psh, I'm writing like I don't even know you. What’s wrong with me?

So, you all probably want to know what's going on over here. Um...Portuguese is getting easier-I'm not very confident in the language, but it's getting there. My comp. is great. He has a hard time staying focused on one task, but he is confident in what he does which is one thing I am not. We are working on figuring out how to teach together. He likes to "wing it" in lessons and I tend to think that we must plan, you know, at least some for our (hence the term OUR) lessons. I can see why he does it though-both of us are not used to teaching WITH someone else. It's hard. If one missionary wants to go one direction out of the blue the other missionary will get lost, especially if it's in Portuguese.

The food here is ok. I mean, it tastes pretty good, but like I said in my last letter, it will never top Mom's cooking. And...it makes all the Elders REALLY gassy. Not me so much, but everyone else complains and jokes about cutting the cheese all-day-long (not a very pleasant smell).

One thing I want to say is Thank You Mom and Dad for raising me the way you did. I mean, everyone, and I mean everyone I have ever met, knows my standards.

Anyway. The stupid timer is at thirty seconds, so I'd better finish.

I love you all more that ice cream (speaking of which, I've kinda gotten sick of candy and sweets).

Your son/brother/missionary,
Elder Wartena

P.S. Everyone hug everyone for me!

There were a few more things in the letter just for our family.  Hope you enjoy hearing about the fun and growth.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment