Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Mom,

Why'd you have to go getting yourself sick! What is up with this?
My goodness, I leave for only a short four months and you already are throwing up. STOP IT!

Ok. So, I need to do this quick but I will try to do it well too.

A. 1 Nephi 4:5 in English says "Crept into the city..." but translated from Portuguese version says "penetrated stealthily..." OH YEAH. Nephi was an ancient ninja in Portuguese. The word Penetrated is so cool. It makes Nephi that much more awesome.

B. Dad's Red tie he sent me was killed by the rain. Sorry.

C. Tee shirt I was and wanted a picture of because it reminded me of Matt "Wake up. Brush teeth. BE AWESOME!"

Thanksgiving is actually Elder Awbrey's birthday(28th. I think that's...oh wait. never mind) Say hi to everyone for me! I love them all!

MATT!! Making the money. Don't let him be a millionaire just yet. On second thought...hmm... millionaire brother....

14.5 miles! Wow. I'm working on building some muscle. Apparently though I am putting on weight as Elder Preneveou happily told me.

Tanner! BYE!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! LOVE YA MAN!!!

Shopping, yes, sight seeing, nothing new, just Africa, and laundry. Actually, we have a washing machine and just do our laundry throughout the week (all in one day DOES NOT work for all four of us).
Holes for toilet drainage? Yeah, I guess so. I haven't dug any of those(thank goodness) but instead I have dug the holes to dump garbage. Instead of a garbage truck, most people here use big holes.

As you wish, there are picts of your little boy on dropbox. hehe

Jesse in Rome. That is a sick statement. Jesse is in ROME! Wow. Rome...that's sick. Tell him good luck and I love him.

Package...no...boohoo... I hope it comes within this week or the next(slightly unlikely) for if it comes the week after I may have moved by then. Transfers are the 1st.

Inexpensive. Gosh, actually most things here are inexpensive, it's just that Meticais are worth so much less than a dollar that when I see that I spent 1000 on groceries it seems like a ton. Really that's only $35.71.

I feel bad sending short emails. I hope you all feel my love.

Reading for ya'll: Matt. 11:29-30, Alma 37:42-47, and ya'll go find the story about Moses and the flying serpents.

The thing I want to stress: often people don't follow the gospel because it is too easy. Take Christ's burden upon you. It is light, and he will always be there to lift you up.

Love you all, Your missionary son, brother, relative, friend,
Elder Christopher Wartena

PS. love ya extended family too!

No comments:

Post a Comment