Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Well, if you must know...I had lasagna for my birthday! HAHA! I had forgotten to get something special for my birthday to eat (besides cauliflower with cheese that I will eat tonight!) but Elder Ostler (who happens to be from Orem as well) came through and made lasagna for the house. Oh, yeah! No idea how he knew, but it was good.

In addition to that, we had a division(also with Elder Ostler) and it went quite well. We found many new potential investigating families and taught 2 great lessons. It was a good day.

Mom, telling a missionary about aunt Kari's Guacamole is mean. AAH! Man, I could use a good burrito with Guacamole about now. hehe, kidding. I'm eating fine over here. I eat oats for breakfast (a little Nesquick mixed in every once in a while makes it quite yummy), sandwiches or chicken or whatever for lunch and a smallish dinner each day. And guess what...I entered the MTC at128 lbs and now I am 145. Hehe...YEAH! So BIGGY!

All, right, guess what, you Americans are spoiled rotten. Our blasted washing machine decided to die this past week and we have yet to find a mechanic who knows how to fix it. So, it looks like hand-washing has become a necessity. I can't complain though, that is what nearly all natives here have to do. How do they do it? They scrub the clothes on their hands and then pound them silly on a rock, rinse. Fun to watch but it'll kill your hands. I have decided that when I am back in America I will never complain about things like walking to church or winter. We Americans are picky and sometimes complainy. I need to work on that.

How's the comp and the work? Well, it's moving along fine. We have found some new families to teach this week and are working hard to get even more. Our past weeks have been full of contacting and walking but it looks like it will start paying off here soon. My comps great, he is working hard to make his last two transfers count and it helps me too. Find, teach, (marry) baptize.

Well, gotta be moving on. Love you all a ton and wish I could just drag you threw the computer to show you Africa.

Crap, I almost forgot to say: my mind has now exploded. Josh is engaged...Holy crap. My bro is gonna get himself married. Well, just tell him I approve (the photos of this Hannah are acceptable) of his choice and holy cow. This cardboard cutout missionary in the reception line is going crazy over the fact that he is about to be a brother-in-law. Phew.

Well, Preciso sair para os outros ou eles vao zangar comigo,
Loves,
Elder Wartena

P.S. Thanks for worrying about me.

P.P.S. Man, the tradition to give people kisses instead of handshakes(like the french) is awkward  Yup, your boy got kissed this week. Only the cheek. Hehe, during a lesson one of the daughters of the family walked in and said "boa tarde" to us. Well, before I knew it she had done the funky kiss the cheek thing with me in place of the usual handshake. Let's just say that I pulled away fast and replaced the face with the hand real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment