Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Friends and Family,

Here is a little note we got today.  After the Skype call yesterday for Mother's Day there is just not as much to share on P-day.  We surely did enjoy seeing and visiting with him.  He looks extremely good. He is happy, loving working as a missionary.
Elder Wartena is wearing the tie dye shirt.  Aunt Nancy, a.k.a. the best tie dyer in the world, made it for him.
 If you like it let us know.  She sells them and you could own one just like it.
 You know what I ate right after getting off the phone with you guys? Nope, ya don't. 
I ate that "bon o bon" I showed Josh and then a PB and J and then a rice krispy treat. Uh huh. Then today, if the plan flies straight, we are going to eat out for Elder Coomb's last p-day in Africa. That guy is really great. Honestly, if he hadn't told me that he was leaving in a week I wouldn't have guessed it-he really isn't all that trunky. Besides the occasional comment, he is really focused on the work.

So, the picts in dropbox...most of them I was there. The dusty picture of the African kids with an Elder giving the Thumbs up-I have never been there. I just thought you'd enjoy it. It is Elder Cyrier in Luaha.
Luaha is in the middle of nowhere and only has a few members there. Missionaries used to go out there every transfer or so, but, because it really wasn't helping the work and just used up time, President stopped having them do that. Most people out there don't even speak Portuguese but a dialect called Macuah.

Well, like I said last night, not sure all that much what to say. Love ya. During the call I was just all nervous for some reason, not sure why, and I couldn't think straight, so I hope no one got unhappy or offended. I really wanted to talk to Hannah a bit, get to know her somewhat, but when she got on I was at a loss for words. I hope she wasn't offended or anything.
BUT, loved the call nonetheless, and of course I feel supported by you guys.

Pizza, I might be eating some of that today. good idea with the roll thing, I may be trying something like that.

Just out having some bowling fun on P-day.  Did you know they bowl in Mozambique?  
Hi Nate, love ya man. Tell Justin hi for me. Enjoy the PUSH-BROOM! HAHA!

Nice scriptural thought. I will try and bring one for you guys next week from my personal studies.
With Nephi we must agree: we all have our worries and we have good reasons for them usually, but the thing one must remember about worrying is that they must not be seen as excuses to not obey the Lord. "Dad said to abandon all we own and flee to the wilderness." I don't think Nephi was too crazy getting slightly worried about that, but like you said, he did not complain nor rebel, but instead asked the Lord. The same with praying about the Book of Mormon of Joseph Smith. It is a new thing that requires giant changes in one's life, so, people raise the eyebrow. What the good follower of Christ does is put it to the Lord's test and not discount it as some crazy teenage kid's odd ideas. Like Nephi they, and we, can receive answers to our prayers and it is ABSOLUTELY NECISSARY TO PRAY!!! One of the ways I thought I'd get rejected was by people yelling at me denouncing Joseph Smith, but more often over here people tell me that they already know it's true and don't need to pray. AH! The idea is that "anything that says it's from God is true." But that is a cancerous thought.  Just trust the Lord.

Love you all, enjoy life and follow the Lord and his servants the Prophets.
Elder Christopher Wartena

May the Lord bless you all and keep you in his care this week.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment