Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, April 29, 2013

First off, my zone here in Maputo had a kick out of my email. I told them all that my brother would be married in August and my Grandpa in September and they all were full of congrats and "That is awesome." So, to Josh and Grandpa Summerill from Elders Cyrier, Berg, Miller, Ostler, Coombs, Greenman, Bateman, and for that matter Elder Wartena: Congratulations.

Secondly, CONGRATS GRANDPA!!!

There was a lot of news this week. Another congrats: DAD!!! Getting yourself graduated.

YEAH!!! Pictures of the family! I love ya'll. You look good all dressed up for Dad's graduation. The odd thing is now there is a girl in the shot. I do have to say, Hannah, you fit in. At least, picture wise, you fit pretty well in. Odd thought, you have our nose. Your nose and Josh's nose are the same. Take that as you will, but I think it's a good sign.

You guys are all moving way over there in Utah and I am all the same in plain old Maputo.

I didn't realize I didn't tell you that our washing machine was fixed. Also, my house is now the only house in the mission to have a dryer. Weird. The chapel had an extra (how? no idea) so we took it to our apartment. NICE!

So, the work moves on. We redid the area boundary lines in district meeting yesterday, and unsurprisingly, E. Coombs and I didn't really change. Still in Mafalala and Alta Mae. We, in all honesty, have had a rough couple of weeks finding people. We have very few investigators as of now, so that means work for us. We do have a couple moving towards married the 31st of May, so that is the good news, but we really need to figure out how to better find people here in Mafalala. The way we have been finding people isn't working too well. It is, but it isn't that well. So, work...missionary work is never easy.


To answer your questions: Favorite thing about Mozy? well, I'm not the first missionary to say it, but the people are. They are so nice. Well, they aren't perfect and they have drinking problems and really odd traditions, but people just hate to sound rude to you. You stop someone off the street and start asking about their religious beliefs they'll tell you. Crazy.

The sisters. They have a car and the nicest apartment in all of Africa next to president Kretly and government officials. They are doing good work. Gosh, sisters just have something about them that is different from an Elder. They are doing quite well and this mission is lucky to have them. The bad news is that it makes me feel like a bad missionary when I'm around them.

So, on the subject of packages and things being sent to other countries, the Wollenzeins, a missionary couple here, are ending their mission this week. Well, sister wollenzein is great and offered to take you guys something. So, to be evil, you'll just have to wait and see. BWAHAHAHA!!! Enjoy.

Package from home? No idea what I would like. On that subject, I feel kinda bad every time I get one. 50 bucks just to send it!?! That's crazy! Well, dunno.

Well, go to dropbox. I sent you guys some shots of Maputo and some of my comp, elder Coombs, and the office elders(who gave us a ride this p-day, score!). Yes, that is a KFC, the only fast food chain here. hehe.


Well, shortness of time kills me.

Te amo. Ficam bem. e tchau.

Love yall,
Elder Christopher

PS. The material? It's called Capalana and a skirt or bag would be really cool, but really it was an early Christmas/something gift and is yours. Ooh, make it into something for your birthday. What have you done with it all this time anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment