Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, June 3, 2013

New Companion--Elder Bigelow
An African wedding in Africa followed by 2 baptisms.  That is for you to get all jealous about. HAH! Strawberry cheesecake ain't got nothing on Africa.

So, due to many other letter and all the photos I took, I will try to type rather rapidly here so I can get out all I  want to say.

In a day by day format

Friday-- last week: get a call- "That wedding that was supposed to have 8 or so couples now only has 2 and Maguanine is doing there's alone...so, now it is up to you and your branch to plan and carry out the whole thing instead of the district doing it." Panic. Call the 1st councilor in the branch presidency and set up to meet Saturday. Stress some more.

Saturday--Meet with the 1st councilor (president was out of country) and tell him what's up. Suggest that the wedding doesn't need to be huge, something small, maybe a Chamusa or two and a nice refreshing drink to celebrate the union of the two. Stress more. Have the 1st councilor keep a cool head and agree to help. Thank the Lord above. Stress.

Sunday--Meet after church with the branch leaders. Learn that they aren't nearly as optimistic as the 1st councilor is that it can be done in a week (this meeting actually had the couple in it too). Set up a meeting for Monday night.

Monday--Have a meeting with the same leaders, our Zone leaders, and us. Get lost in all that everyone is saying (too many talking and too fast, this time it wasn't Portuguese that messed me up). They set up a Wednesday night meeting. Stress. Doubt that it will be possible. Stress. Call the young men to ask for help too. Stress.

Tuesday--normal day. Stress.

Wednesday--Go to the meeting. Hear the willingness of the members to help. Stress.

Thursday--Normal day. Stress.

Friday--Stress because no one shows up to the church in the morning except two youth who help set up decorations and the like. Wait and call, wait and call. Groom shows up with some family. Stress. Call. Stress. Food shows up. Marvel at how much they brought (the plan was not to have a full on meal but rather just something real small). Hear that they have a cake coming. Still keep stressing because the wedding is taking a while to fully get organized. 
The Beautiful Wedding couple
Well, the whole thing worked out wonderfully. I sent you some photos on dropbox. The wedding turned out to be bigger than we expected. Apparently, no one told me that the groom, Aderito, had friends who sang who were coming...so, we had African singers there. OH! It was like gospelish style(the best way to describe it) mixed with the dialect Changana. It was sick. And the FOOD!!! was great. These people make some dang good beans, rice, and potato salad. 

Then, Saturday we had their Baptism. I baptized Adérito and Elder Bigelow baptized Fatima. Truly it was a great day.
The baptism--Yeah!!!


I love you all, sorry I didn't have too much time to write you today, the photos took a lot of time and I had a few other things to do.

Tchau á familia mais ótimo de tudo no mundo,
Elder Christopher Wartena
Stylin' a new rogue look. 

New stove

No comments:

Post a Comment