Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Me Mum,

First off to start the email. I sent y'all some shots through Dropbox. Yeah, they are from last week-your missionary forgot to email them a week earlier-but I'm sure you'll be fine with that.  The first is Elder Bender(who came down last week due to illness) with returned Mozambique missionary from 2008 Brother Lott. He talked to the guy before the mission and so it was cool that he got to see him out here.  The other pictures are of President Kretly's birthday party. We had a "stake" party. Take a plate, one says Beira another Maputo another Manga and lastly Matola, and decide where to stick a stake first. Haha, twas' funny. He got a certificate for being an "extraordinary President" a parody of his "extraordinary missionary" certificates we can earn. twas' fun.

Yeah, the companionship is going along pretty fine. The area? Now that's a different story. We had 2 really good potential investigating families last week that we were really excited about and this week they both said they weren't coming to church nor working towards baptism. AAAAAAHHH!!! They do not realize how much they are giving up! They have such opportunity at their door, exaltation isn't a small word, and they tell us they aren't interested. Ug. So, this week we have 0 investigators. We have a few people we will visit this week to see how they are but other than that Elder Bigelow and I shall be walking quite a bit looking for people to teach.

I love conference! I do believe the conference Liahona is here. I'll get one soon. Obedience is a theme you say? Hm, maybe I should put that to the test and see if there is anything I am not being 100% obedient about. Worth a shot and wouldn't hurt trying, we can always be more obedient.

You make me so jealous with Dad's gifts you know. A 3 hour nap? AH! That would be sooooooo nice. I'm sure he loved it.

My missionary plaque is up...hehe...that reminds me of Josh's missionary plaque. I remember that it, too, didn't go up until I felt he was nearly home. hehe. Thanks Callie.

Summerfest! What was I doing Summerfest last year? I think I worked one of those days. Was Nate at work? I remember that Subway was always 2,000,000 times busier those days.
The rides...I remember looking at the ferris wheel and saying to myself "never." Ben would love the fast, dizzy rides. Love that kid.

Hah! Yeah, July of next year will be just a little too late. Well, shirts huh? I did ask and Elder Burg said that Maputo shopping has shirts. They rang from 500 meticais to 1000. Translate that to dollars and you get $17 to $33 per shirt. So, I will look into that. Long story short: don't send the shirts after all. I'll tell you how much to stick in my account. I might just use my church fund card to buy them and then just refund it when you send the money from home. I think I shall buy 3 shirts.  I heard you get a deal when you buy 3 instead of just one.

YEAH NATE! Go getting raises and scholarships! Dude, Justin loves you man.

Well, I don't have much news this week. Kind of a boring email, but hey.

Love ya'll, Khanimambo maningue,
Elder Christopher Wartena

P.S. Health? What?! ok, I guess you aren't way off, I have been around some sick people lately so I might be at risk for obtaining some type of sickness but I feel alright.
Speaking of eating better, you'd be proud, I made an effort to eat more veggies this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment