Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, July 29, 2013

 




Note of interest--The Cahora Bassa Dam is listed as the 5th largest dam in the world.





I have taken loads of pictures today. This answers the why I am on here so late as well.
I told you something along the lines of 4 weeks ago that we were going to the dam but for a number of weeks I have written that it didn't work out...well, today it did. Whoomp, can you say missionary P-day field trip! It was fun.

We didn't actually get to go down inside the dam. The issue being security. Apparently during the war one of the sides tried to destroy the dam and so now not any old jo can enter in. But anyway it was very fun. We spent forever in the car driving through the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE (that land where resides only mud huts and those villages everyone thinks of when they think Africa-yeah, that's awesome.
Anyone want to fish or go swim where this fishy lives?
Yep, the Matola chapel has been a HUGE announcement for the last year. Unfortunately I left Maputo before it opened and will not be seeing it any time soon it appears. It sounded NICE!!!

Well, there wasn't much out of the ordinary else this week. I do think my shoes may last me 2 whole years. If they happen to achieve the feat I may just write Doc Martins and tell them they won themselves a lifetime customer.

I got to attend a birthday party this week. A member, Felicidade, turned 46. His wife, Paula, makes a great orange cake.

 




Man. I am about ready to wrap this up. That is pathetic. Man, it would be soooo much easier to just tell you all face to face about my week.

Well, I love the news from home. Tell Aunty Kari hi for me (I ran out of time to write everyone-but I love her so much anyway). Tell Justin he's awesome. Tell President Herring thanks for the letter, I loved it.

Tchau minha familia!
Elder Christopher Wartena

PS. Tete is getting hotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment