Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, October 15, 2012

So, bad news, I only have four picts this weeks and that makes me a bad son.
So, Mom, I love you so much. Thanks so much for emailing me last week. Elder Thacker, I talked to him about the apparently obvious hardship I am having adjusting to mission life, and he told me kind of exactly what you told me- Stop thinking about home, quit counting the months, and make Mozambique your home. This is my home now. As far as everything is concerned, T-3 is my Branch, my home, and my people, so gosh darn it I had better help my home improve as much as I can. So, I would absolutely love your emailing luxury and be able to respond to all the absolutely wonderful things you emailed me, but, you know what I am going to say, why do I bother? So, I will tell you about my week. (I love hearing about your week and experiences, thank you so much!) Wet...wetty wet wet. Chuva for three straight days and it could continue. My Luisiana comp says that is not all that impressive, but to me, well let us just say that the roads turned into mini lakes this week. That was fun. We chose our routes not on what road is closest to our appointement but by how much water we would have to cross. That really was fun. Special or out of ordinary today? hm, well it is Elder Thacker's last p-day in country, so we will probably end up in some shops for him. I have bought some things to send you guys via Elder Thacker(home town is Orem-coincidence?). Laundry is done seperately and dried on racks we have in our enclosed porch. My socks take for-freaken-ever to dry, but, whatcha gonna do? It's fun. Reminds me, I might need to buy detergent this week. Conference...yeah...we get the DVDs sent to us and I personally have no idea. Ope, Elder Ruis says we get it next week. YES!!!!!! I will enjoy watching that. I love listening to the prophets. Hehe, currently our days run quite interestingly. We do a ton of just straight contacting or in other words "knocking" doors. Really we yell doors with a big "Com asensa!" (not spelled right) translated to "with liscence!" All of our investigators need help keeping commitments-especially going to church. We have begun really stressing our purpose to the people so they know that we are not just there to talk about God but to help them change their lives and come unto Christ. Portuguese is coming, it isn't in station but it is on the way. Still, the biggest difficulty is understanding what the people are saying. Usually I can get what i want to say out pretty well, but the accent of Mozambique is killing me. Dad's stir fry this past week was amazing! Loved it. By the way-for Calls home we get to use Skype if we want. So.........get that ready for Christmas so we can see, not only hear, each other. I had a thought. If you want anyone to do anything in the gospel they must understand why it is important for them and why it will bless their life. No one will do anything if they don't for some reason want to. So, when preaching the gospel(or raising children unto the Lord) the people you teach must be taught how it is VITAL for them and if they truly understand they will change. "True doctrine understood changes behavior"-PMG quote. Thanks for the compliments, they helped a lot. I need to do better at this. I tend to only talk about the bad things and how to fix them rather than the good things and how to praise them. Well, I must end this. I love you, I am sending an RM bearing a small gift in a couple of weeks. OH! Package. So, pictures are a BIG MUST! Snacks, candy, non-parishable(maybe a dictionary so I can spell, gosh) items for snacking on(american candy is very nice when one is not in America). Deoderant here I am told is only in the roller kind, so maybe three things of Aqua Reef Old spice stuff(or any other scent you think I'd like-I think you guys have great taste). Also, I think I really would like something to remind me of EACH of you. One of Mom and Dad and Josh and Nate and Matt and Ben and Jo. Something small but that will help me remember you guys I would really LOVE. .....Pens......maybe..... Lastly, and this is most important...NOTHING OF VALUE!!! NOTHING IRREPLACABLE! Keep in mind that this may(probably will if you keep it within reasonable bounds but still might) not get to me and be lost in the mail. So, keep that in mind. Gosh, I am excited. Thank you soooooooo much. You are awesome for sending me a package. I love you more than hot water in the shower, Elder Christopher Wartena

No comments:

Post a Comment