Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Almost to Maputo

Well, as of this writing our dear son/missionary (and his three traveling missionary companions) is almost to his landing in South Africa.  Yeah!!!  It has been a long two days.  Traveling from SLC to Texas to London to South Africa.  After a layover of a few or so hours he will board another plane which will deliver him to Maputo, Mozambique.  Four different planes in two days.
        
    The country hosted the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and now they have a cool decoration in the front lobby.

Once Chris arrives in Mozambique, we have no idea what travel plans President Kretly has lined up for him.  He could have at least one more complete day of travel.  I just hope they give the four new missionaries a good meal, a shower, and night's rest before sending them off for more travel.  One can hope.  We must always hope; but . . . he will most likely be sent right to work, which is good for 19 year old young men.

I would like to tell you about two wonderful websites:  www.flightstats.com  and flightaware.com.  Both sites made it possible for us to follow Chris's fights all the way to South America.  We will watch what we can of the next flight, but that may not be very much.  We are exhausted from staying up watching last night followed by a 6 a.m. phone call from the Heathrow Airport.  Sleep is calling, and I want to respond in the affirmative.

UPDATE:  The missionaries have landed!
 Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Sleep well, All.

Signing off for now,
The Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment