Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dear Friends and Family (for that is how I think of you),

Chris is at last off on Monday headed to Africa.  Please enjoy his last MTC email.  You know we have.

Minha familia!

To start, WOOHOO! A package!

The Mp3 is great, speakers too(side note-I should have read the letter first. I turned it on to make sure it worked and had batteries. Thanks a ton!

Second: The space bags will be my salvation. I have found that space is an issue as well as weight(weight-I'll figure out what to send home) so they were a welcome gift!

Proximo: Gum. Thank you. I love gum. Thanks for the plane advice.

Whatever number you wish: PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!! Hehe. I love em. Oh, and Josh, I loved those Avengers picts. Sweet! I am sending home the package(so you can do whatever with the tops[that were genious by the way]). But, I love all the photos. I will enjoy every one of them.

Water flavorers: Hm. good thinking. Might need some the first bit. Plus I love them anyway!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Caps lock-fantastic-like a megaphone to the ear).

Letters: NATE! AH!!! I love you! I love your letter. I'll have to respond in a longer email when I'm in Africa (my time is very limited, sorry). But, A. Sorry about band. B. Good luck with Ballroom (I loved it) and WOW with the shoes. C. Dr. Who is definitely interesting. Good luck and enjoy!

The tie fish-hook: I love it. I have always looked at Uncle Travis's hook and thought how much I would like one. No lie. Everytime I saw it I wished I had one. And the Fishers of Men symbolism, Mark 1:17, Ah! Thank you so much! Thanks for sharing the same thing your mission pres did for you.I will wear it everywhere.

Backpack: Yay! I can go to Africa now because I now can fit all my stuff nicely. Like I said, I am sending home one of my suitcases (you should get a call about it Monday or Tuesday). As the Baggage Situation stands (take into account that I have not yet packed all my clothes and a few other coisas[things, sorry]) I think I will be able to fit all I need and only send home...ok, yes, it is a lot, but I think I can fit all I think I NEED and am just sending home extras and a few other things that I forgot what they are and aren't run-on sentences wonderful, want to hear a story?!

So, I was teaching this investigator (teacher playing investigator) and I wanted to tell them that it was great that you are "excersising your faith." Now, I don't remember the exact words, but I did not say that. I said something along the line of "it is good that you perform exercism on your faith." Needless to say, I was corrected. Moral of the story: if you don't know that verb it is better to use other verbs than to try and "make it up on the spot." The risk is high. Ok, I don't exactly mean, never try to use new verbs, but be VERY careful.

Sorry Uncle David. I would absolutely LOVE to visit with you in London. I would LOVE it!!! But the handbook specifically states not to set up meetings with family so as not to distract from the work. Twelve hours is a long time, and I would welcome with open arms a familiar face, but I can't. It is really hard to say this, I wanted it to be the other way SOOOO bad, but it is a world-wide rule. Sorry. I MISS YOU UNCLE DAVID. I havn't seen you for...dang, I can't remember. PS. I love your Kilt. I kinda envy the fact that tonga, samoa, scottland, and those other places have such cool alternate pants (kilts and lavalavas) for missionaries.

I am unsure what else to write. Oh, thanks so much for the phone card info. I look forward with insane quantities of excitement for that moment (like my discriptions?).

The MTC has been a fantastic experience. I'm sending you a few things with my extra luggage that might be interesting for you: my daily schedule, for example. I have loved the spirit here. The devotionals and firesides are fantastic. The temple is within an easy stroll. I am fed, for free, a good meal every single meal time. Teachers that are there for the specific purpose of helping you learn the language and become spiritually ready. I don't have to worry about so many little things every day here, I can concentrate on the gospel and teaching completely. I have loved the MTC, it has been hard (I mean REALLY hard) at times, but it has been so worth it.

2 Nephi 22:2 explained as Elder Staples explained it: "Jesus is my best bud"

I love you all. Trust in the Lord in EVERYTHING you do. Don't any of you dare fall away or I might just have to come home and kick your butt.

Loving you always and praying ever more for your happiness,
Elder Christopher Andre Wartena

P.S. I am so excited for Africa. I can't believe I'm done at the MTC. The days have dragged on but the weeks flew by. AHHHHH!!! AFRICA!!!


Love you all, too much to express in words. XOXOXOXOXO



Happy day to all.
Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment