Favorite Scripture

Alma 36:21-22
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

22 Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon His throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Dear loved ones,
Chris is doing well.  If you have a simple recipe or two that you'd be willing to share with him, that would be great.  Recipes that only call for the most basic of ingredients, don't take a lot of time, and cheap would be best.  They do not eat in the homes of the members in his mission.  I don't know why, but as a result the missionaries are cooking all of their meals for themselves.  What great husbands they are going to be someday.  

Enjoy the letter.
So I have discovered that this computer thinks that everything I write is WRONG! Biased against English it is.

So, to start. I will try and answer all your questions and a few more. I am trying to figure out dropbox to send you all my pictures every week because flickr isn't working. I don't have a yahoo account and I can't set one up because everything is in Portuguese! AH!

This computer won't open the SD card to get the pictures from here to you guys. I'll figure something out. The frustration is that I only have a few hours a week to email and send pictures and all that Jazz, so it is ten times as frustrating when I can't do what I want to do. I don't know why this computer doesn't open the card.

How have I been? I have been having a hard time. Not gonna lie. Don't worry, Mom, I will be fine(just need to work through it and trust that the Lord knows what he's doing). I couldn't have imagined this either even a month ago.   I have been walking around Africa talking to people just begging that they listen to something that will save their soul. It's really hard when no one wants to listen to this vital message, or say they do and blow off the meeting you set up with them. Ah! It's hard to see so many people who JUST DON'T KNOW how important this is and how I cannot get the message across with my limited Portuguese.

Elder Awbrey is great. He is only six months into his mission (transfer number 5), but he is really good with Portuguese. I being his first greeny is a little hard for him. He doesn't say anything, but I know that teaching almost by himself(I try, but it's hard then you don't know what was said for the past thirty minutes) is a hard thing.

Az vezes, or sometime we eat together. Mostly we have our food and just eat what we have. Which reminds me. I would like the recipe for tater tot casserole. Also, any other recipes that are easy, take a short time to make, and not too many ingredients would be great. I am eating rice alot-it's cheap to buy. So, you were right. I am not ashamed to say that I should have listened to all you said, especially cooking. I am fine...but I would like to have known more about how to cook. Simply eating is what you could call it.

I live with three other Elders-Elder Awbrey, and Elders Thacker(from Orem! Finishing his last transfer in four weeks) and his comp Elder Fransisco(Native to Mozambique and doesn't speak English well...at all...on his fourth transfer). (ps. a transfer is every six weeks. I'll be with Elder Awbrey for at least two transfers for my training then one of us will ship off elsewhere).

The members...all right...Nice people. Can't say much else because I don't understand Portuguese well.

Aha! Pictures are showing up at last! I hope dropbox works. If not I'll figure out something else like Flickr or who knows. Maybe I'll limit my picture intake and send them via email. I wanted to send you some videos but they aren't working at all.

Man, this is going to take forever to download to dropbox. I need to take fewer pictures. I have a ton of MTC pictures still and only a few Mozambique. I might end up deleting all my MTC pictures but a few and try to take only a few here so I can get you guys something. AH! I don't want to do that though, I want a ton of pictures!
Ok, what might happen here is I will send a few pictures a week, you take them off dropbox every week, and the rest will stay on my SD cards for forever. Elder Stuart, a Mozambique RM we met in the London airport, did that. He had a ton of SD cards. My only worry with that is that they could be stolen. I will figure it all out. We'll see how this picture thing goes. As for videos, I might someday figure out Flickr. As for now, my time is ticking.

I miss the temple already. I am jealous. Another temple dedication. We are so blessed. I hope it was as great as the Draper dedication was for me.

Tear up that dance floor Nate! Yay! I am so excited you get that opportunity. It is such a fun sport. I love to hear about it.

Enjoy that Wacky Wednesday. I miss things like that, all cheesy and fun. You are great and made my schooling so good. Yep, that's Ben, he is on top of knowing and remembering all things for you. Jo, snacks, hah! Love it!

Sorry I don't respond for very long. AH! This one day for two hours email thing is hard.

Go Matt! I am all for you getting that job! I know you'll do great. Love it and work hard.

Soda machine. Ah! That thing was cool. Nate told me he has fun with that and that Wendy's is now his favorite restaurant in Orem. I would probably concure.

I'm praying for you Dad. I know you will do great. I know the Lord is with you and will help you find a good job to support the family. Thank you for being the example you are to me. I look up to you in all things. I love you.

Mom, you are doing great, I know it, you always are. Make sure to do your best, but trust in the Lord and make sure you get your rest. Hehe, I love unintentional rhyming.

Yup, I have my watch where I can hit a button and say, like I am now, "It's ten minutes to one in the morning for them." Weird. Like I said, Jet lag is pretty much gone, but while it lasted it was harsh.

Tell Pres. Jensen thanks. Tell him I will do my best to live up to my title of missionary and to the help I receive because of their prayers.

Charles Berger! AH! I wanted to know where he was going. Malaysia, wow. That'll be something for him. I am excited for him. He and Tanner Mueire(sorry about the spelling, I suck at it) are best friends.

Hopefully you can figure out which picts are Africa and which are Mozambique and hopefully this idea works and that SD cards are horribly expensive. Hopefully you guys know I am fine and won't worry(but still pray-expecially for the people).

Oh, two things.

Concerning packages, yup, they take roughlyish kinda a month to get in country (to the mission office) and then a while more to figure out how to get them to me. In Maputo I can get packages quicker because of how close I am to the mission office(roughly a month). Elder Awbrey had his family send one at the start of his mission six months ago and has not got it yet and may not get it. So, I will be here for at least twelve weeks. They don't have M&Ms here (thank you Josh, brilliant, though I am almost out. poo). American candy, apparently, is a luxury. I am not sure what I want though. So, it is pretty expensive for you. I don't need too many, plus I think it is only two packages a year for us due to cost and other stuff(like time and effort to get it to us-the Elderly missionaries drive them around).

I miss you sooooo much and wish I could hug you all and tell you that right to your faces.

I will love you for all eternity(top that! kidding.),
Elder Christopher praying his head off for the Lord's help Wartena

PS. Hey booger! Bigger booger loves you.

PPS. Matt, How bout we call you Mortermashnerd instead of bigger booger? Hehe. Love you man.

PPPS. Have fun, give everyone a hug for me (that is for everyone, not just Mom), and trust the Lord. We are soooooo blessed.

Again we are thankful for modern communication technology.
Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment